I feel like some major parts of my life are on a treadmill. If only parts of you can be on a treadmill, that is. Scary thought. Walking legs, but no body! I have tried my best to move things forward and to make changes. For one reason or another, I’m in a rut.
I need to feel that I’m learning, growing and evolving in order to be happy. I need it like I need air. I’ve created a new realistic ‘bucket list’ in order to jumpstart my life. My first list in my early 20′s had things like parachuting. Totally unrealistic now that I’m a total chicken.
This items on this list are realistic goals, God willing, I live long enough to accomplish them. They just require time, and of course, money. Some of these things have been on a “list” for a long time. Like going to California. I’ve been wanting to visit since I was 22 years old. Going back to Korea, forever, since I’ve never stopped wanting that since I left at seven. In fact a lot of the items on the list are from my childhood. I think it’s about time I start accomplishing them, don’t you?
If you’re reading this, may be you too can make a list. May be if you’re around we can accomplish some of these together. Or come up with new ones. Or if you have ideas on how to accomplish some of these, feel free to comment! Like the whole visiting Pioneer Woman’s ranch is probably a pipe dream. Apparently crabbing is also difficult to do without a bunch of equipment.
Maybe you are my goal in which case, I will see you one day. It may take me a few years. It may take me my lifetime. But it will happen. I promise.
- Peru/Machu Picchu while D’s Abuela is still alive. (completed 8/5/10 – 8/17/10)
- Italy, including Rome, Venice, Florence, Sicily.
- Korea while my aunts and uncle is still around. (Spring 2011!!!)
- Go back to Disney World before Soso is 10.
- San Diego Zoo
- San Francisco
- Tour the Napa Valley Region
- Las Vegas
- Grand Canyon
- Maine, Acadia National Park
- Red wood National State Park
- Visit Uncle Carmen in FL
- Visit best friend in Nashville, TN
- Take swim lessons and swim a lap with ease
- Run a half-marathon
- Jump off a diving board. (accomplished on 7/23/10)
- Hike part of Appalachian trail
- Go horseback riding on a beach
- Try Yoga (2/26/11)
- Try Zumba
- Try Belly Dancing
- Buy a bike and start cycling around town
- Ski down one more black diamond before I turn 40
- Go snowshoeing
- Try cross-country skiing
- Go canoeing
- Run a mile in 8 minutes
- Go crabbing or fishing
- Learn how to make Zizi Angie’s Italian Wedding cookies (done 12/23/10)
- Learn how to make the family pizza rolls
- Learn how to make basil pesto
- Learn how to make Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon (inspired after watching Julie and Julia)
- Take a cake decorating class
- Learn how to bake bread
- Make Korean Dumplings (Mandoo) from scratch
- Learn how to make a pie crust
- Bake a gingerbread cookie for D
- Make cornbread/cake for Soso (does pumpkin cornbread count? 11/25/10)
- Help build a house for Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Make meatloaves for soup kitchen by Easter 2011!!!
- Visit a ranch (hopefully Pioneer Woman’s – how cool would that be?)
- Ride a snowmobile
- Try snow tubing
- Go on a sleigh ride
- Have a snowball fight
- Build a snow fort
- Visit Aquatica or something like it and play with dolphins
- Go whale watching
- Go visit the top of the Statue of Liberty if still possible
- See Lion King
- See a Cirque du Soleil performance. (Wintuk Dec 4, 2010!!!)
- Take Soso to see 4th of July fireworks in DC
- Take Soso to see 4th of July fireworks in Boston
- Go see Macy’s Thanksgiving parade
- Visit a lighthouse
- Learn how to knit something
- Go on a top ten train ride – (rode on the Peru Rail, #5 on the list on 8/13/10)
- Watch all the movies from the top 100 movies of 2007 list.