I’m not sure why I’m listing this considering that it was an utter disaster. May be with hope that someone will try it out and let me know where I went wrong? As a reminder to never try this again? If you haven’t seen my other blog post about this, this recipe went terribly terribly wrong. Way to limey and watery. Such a disappointment!
- 1 – 1.5 lbs scallops*
- 2 Limes
- 1 cup canned Coconut milk
- 1 large pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tsp Nam Pla Fish Sauce**
- 2 minced scallions
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Zest and juice the limes. Marinate the scallops with ½ the lime juice for 10 minutes.
- Combine coconut milk, shallots, cayenne and lime zest in a saucepan and warm over low heat. Either broil or grill the scallops until cooked through. Add the rest of the lime juice and the Nam Pla to the coconut milk and stir to combine.
- When the scallop is cooked, transfer it to a serving platter. Top the scallop with the sauce, garnish with the scallions and cilantro and serve with basmati or jasmine rice.
* You can replace scallops with chicken or shrimp.
**If you don’t like the flavor of fish sauce, feel free to simply use salt. If you want to try out Nam Pla, it can be found at any Asian grocery store or the Asian food section of any well-stocked market.