I was skeptical when DH made this for the first time a few weeks ago, but he has turned me into a convert. In fact, it is my current favorite side dish.
I’ve seen many variations of this recipe on the internet. I’m sure they are all delicious, but I’ve kept mine very simple in order to retain the main taste of the sweet potato. The best thing about this recipe is that it is so simple and easy to make! And if you have a 5 year old that likes to help out…simple and easy is very important!
Remember that sweet potato fries baked in the oven does not have the crispy texture of regular potato fries. I think deep frying them would result in crispier fries but that would defeat the whole purpose of being healthy. Never-the-less, the fries are sweet and quite delicious, especially served on the side with juicy burgers.
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Pre-heat the overn to 425° F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them length wise, a little less than 1/2 inches thick on all side.
- Put the olive oil, salt and paprika in a ziplock bag, add the potatoes, seal and shake until the potatoes are coated evenly the mixture.
- Lay out the potatoes on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven about 15-20 minutes or until the top side is browning. Turn the fries and bake on the other side for another 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately!