Easter is over and I have an over abundance of eggs and ham left-over. Even after having the in-laws over again on Monday for dinner. I actually like eating hard boiled eggs as a snack and since the ham came out OK, eating it for two days in a row hasn’t been a real hardship. But we are going on third day and I am looking for some new ideas.
One no brainer idea is to just throw some chopped ham and even egg into a salad for lunch. I suppose I could make a ham sandwich. Egg salad would also work. If it was the weekend, I could whip up a yummy ham and cheese omelet. Well, who’s to say that you can’t eat an omelet for dinner? Hm, as I ponder new ham and egg possibilities, here is a recipe for my version of egg salad. I generally find the store bought salads bland and like the texture and crunchiness that the celery provides. Perhaps not to everyone’s taste!
Egg Salad Recipe
Time: 10 min
Serving size: 2 -3
Serve with: toasted whole wheat bread
- 6 hard boiled eggs (Why 6? Because that’s what I have left)
- 2 tbs of chopped celery
- 1 tbs of finely chopped carrot
- 1 tbs finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 baby dill pickle finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 – 2 tbs mayonnaise to taste (I don’t like a lot of mayonnaise)
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put chopped onion in a medium sized bowl. Squirt some lemon juice and let it sit while chopping the hard boiled eggs. Put the eggs and the rest of the ingredients together and mix. Squirt some more lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.