I’ve got Thanksgiving Menu on my mind.
Up until this weekend, I was seriously thinking of ordering one of those meals so that we could attend the Thanksgiving Parade. Soso is at a good age and we wouldn’t get another chance like this in a long time.
BUT, I found out on Friday, to be precise, that my brother-in-law and his family will be joining us for Thanksgiving.
Now, I’m cooking for sure and I’m wondering what I’ll be making beside the usual fare.
- crudités with hummus
- breaded shrimp (SIL N)
- ??? chips? cheese and crackers? I need ideas!
- roasted turkey
- lasagna (Papa)
- roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- maple whipped sweet potatoes
- steamed green beans lightly sautéed in garlic and olive oil
- roasted broccoli (I tested this out on Monday… oh yum!)
- ? I feel like I’m missing something!
- apple pie or apple fold-overs with freshly whipped cream
- mini pumpkin pies (SIL A)
- pumpkin cheesecake (I’ve never made it and I don’t have time to test it!)
- pumpkin bread (is that too much pumpkin?)
- chocolate chip cookies
- possibly a birthday cake b/c there are birthday celebrations
I hope I have enough food, but I think I’m pretty well covered in the dessert department. I guess people can always fill up on dessert!
How will you be celebrating Thanksgiving? What’s on your menu this year? Is it the same every year or do you try to make something different?