I know that I can’t mess too much with the Thanksgiving menu. Still, I like to make a couple of new items each year to keep it interesting. The new items this year are the roasted broccoli, cranberry sauce, roasted chickpeas snack, pumpkin cornbread and pumpkin cheesecake.
I tested out the cranberry sauce today. Soso thought it was too sweet. I guess I’m more of a gravy gal. D thought it was OK, but he’s not much of a condiment person.
I made the roasted chickpeas as well today. I’ll tell ya more about it when I write out the recipe.
I’m really hoping the cheesecake and cornbread will come out right the first time. There’s no time to test those!
Here’s what we’ll be eating for Thanksgiving this year.
- crudités with hummus
- breaded shrimp (SIL N)
- chips and salsa (really pico de gallo)
- spicy roasted chickpeas
- zippy tuna spread (SIL A)
- roasted turkey
- lasagna (Papa)
- mac and cheese – recipe to follow
- roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- maple whipped sweet potatoes
- steamed green beans lightly sautéed in garlic and olive oil
- roasted broccoli
- pumpkin corn bread – recipe to follow
- cranberry sauce
- apple pie
- mini pumpkin pies (SIL A)
- pumpkin cheesecake (I’ve never made it and I don’t have time to test it!)
- chocolate chip cookies
- birthday cake for BIL