With September and school starting, we are headed to two months of crazy weekday schedule. Add to that my new work schedule where I come home anywhere from 30 – 45 minutes later than usual means that I have to get my butt in gear over the next few weekends and do freezer cooking. If you want to see the list from last year, go here.
I’m making very similar things because there are only so many freezer friendly meals. I gave myself two weeks last year. It took me three, possibly four weekends to get everything on the list.
This year, I’m making:
- 10 cups of marinara sauce, divided into 1 cup bags – 4 done
- 2 medium-sized turkey meatloaves – done
- pesto in ice-cube size – done
- 2 pounds of mac and cheese – 1 pound done
- 2 meals worth shredded chicken – 1 done
- 1 pound turkey taco meat, divided – done
- 1 pound Korean Bulgogi style turkey meat, divided – done
- 1 pound Italian style turkey meat, divided – done
- 2 pounds meatballs
- 2 meals worth lentil soup
- 2 meals worth broccoli or cauliflower soup
- 2 meals worth Chana masala
- 1 dozen breakfast muffins
- 1 dozen breakfast scones
- 1 dozen breakfast biscuits
- 2 loaves of pumpkin bread
Below is what I made this past weekend, excluding the meatloaves. I know it doesn’t look like a lot, but I basically cooked all weekend! I also cooked salmon, rice and some sides to eat over the week.
This weekend is a little busy with both girls activities starting up, Soso has tennis and Peanut has gymnastics. I hope to get the easy ones done like meatballs and the second batch of sauce. May be if I’m lucky one of the soups. The breakfast items will have to wait for another weekend. I actually bought store made muffins to tide Soso over and felt guilty.